NBDE cooperation forum
The Nordic-Baltic Defence Networks NBDE is a forum for co-operation between the defence management real estate organisations.
The cooperation has its roots in the 1970’s, when Norway, Denmark, and Sweden started cooperation (1973). Finland joined the cooperation in 1993. In 2015 the Nordic Cooperation Forum was expanded to the Baltic countries after Latvia and Estonia signed the cooperation agreement together with the Nordic countries. In conjunction with this the name was changed to Nordic-Baltic Defence Estates (earlier Nordic Defence Estates). Now the cooperation covers all the Baltic countries, because in 2017 Lithuania also joined the cooperation as an official member.
The actual co-operation will be carried out in working groups with different themes, where the sharing of experiences and best practices is seen as useful for all organisations with similar operating environments.
Types of working groups include common meetings in a rotating participant country, online meetings, and workshops around different themes. Currently the active working groups are:
• GIS (Geographical Information Systems)
The 2015 conference was arranged in Helsinki, Finland:
Links to the partner organisations´web pages:
- Swedish Fortification Agency (Sweden)
- Norwegian Defence Estates Agency (Norway)
- Danish Ministry of Defence Estate Agency (Denmark)
- State Centre for Defence Military Objects and Procurement of Latvia (Latvia)
- Estonian Centre of Defence Investments (Estonia)
- Logistics Department of the Ministry of National Defence of Lithuania (Lithuania)